I will come within digital tax for VAT as a VAT payer from 2019. I keep meticulous records daily on paper which take seconds to record.. 4 times a year I submit a VAT return on-line.
1. Will HMRC b e offering free of charge software for record keeping for those of us joining digital VAT in April 2019?
2. Can we see some examples on-line of the exact process and time it takes both to be trained in it and also just to see how it works eg you make a train journey for work. Currently I come home and that night record the amount and keep the receipt on my paper file. It takes about a few seconds only With digital tax would I have to go on line to record the amount and learn complex new software? I hate excel by the way and do not use that product currently as it is very time consuming.
3. Will the software require us to be on line every time we note an expense down in the records?
4. If it is hacked will HMRC indemnify us against the loss suffered from being forced into this kind of on line digital record keeping we do not want?
5. If we will have to buy it how much will it cost, who will we buy it from and will the cost be 100% tax deductible that year?