Dormant Community Interest Company

08/01/2019 12:08:55
We registered a community interest company with companies house. We are not yet trading. It is my understanding that we can inform companies house that we are dormant at the time of the first accounts being due.
How do we tell HMRC that we are not yet trading (i.e. dormant)?
  • HMRC Admin 50
  • Joined: 21/06/2017 15:34:03
  • Messages: 1592
  • Offline
  • View profile
  • Send message

Re:Dormant Community Interest Company

08/01/2019 12:30:46

Thanks for your question.

You will need to write to CT Services, HMRC, BX9 1AX to advise that you are dormant with a copy of your dormant accounts.

You will also need to provide your UTR on the correspondence and CT Services will review the dormant request accordingly. If any further details are required, CT Services will write out to your company.

I hope this helps.