Offsett of foreign tax paid

17/01/2019 15:15:45
will tax paid in Singapore on rental of a property there be offsett against UK tax payable?

Re:Offsett of foreign tax paid

17/01/2019 16:36:06

If you are UK resident you will be required to declare the rental income as well as any tax paid. Foreign tax credit relief will be available for any tax paid in Singapore up to the UK level of tax chargeable on this income.

Guidance is available here:

HS263 Calculating Foreign Tax Credit Relief on income (2018)

I hope this helps.