Split Residency and CGE

17/01/2019 15:12:40
I was non resident until October 2017, (Since 1983) so I had split residency 17/18
I surrendered part of a foreign life insurance policy May 2017
As non-resident at the time do I declare the Chargeable Gain Event on the Self Assessment in Foreign pages? Do I comment on my Residence status in the Any Other Information section or anywhere else?
  • HMRC Admin 50
  • Joined: 21/06/2017 15:34:03
  • Messages: 1619
  • Offline
  • View profile
  • Send message

Re:Split Residency and CGE

17/01/2019 16:27:26

As the policy was surrendered during the non resident part of your split year, there is no need to report this on the self assessment form. You would declare your residency status in a residence section on the return however you should be filing your return on third party software as HMRC software does not have the resident section.