National Insurance for landlords

25/04/2019 08:19:59
My main income is from renting a house; I'm no longer employed and have no other self-employment. How can I continue my NI contributions?
  • HMRC Admin 45
  • Joined: 10/08/2017 06:39:53
  • Messages: 269
  • Offline
  • View profile
  • Send message

Re:National Insurance for landlords

26/04/2019 10:14:26
Thanks for your question.

You may be able to pay voluntary contributions to fill any gaps if you’re eligible.

Please see the following link which explains the eligibility criteria and how you would arrange for additional contributions to be made:

Voluntary National Insurance

I hope this helps.

Would you be interested in helping us improve the Forum? We are looking for volunteers to spend some time speaking with our research team. If you think you could help us, please click the link below for more information and to register your interest:


We look forward to hearing from you.