Interest on Unit Trusts

25/04/2019 15:45:57
Can someone tell me please where "Interest on Unit Trusts" (from my broker's Tax Certificate) goes on the Tax Return?

The actual asset is Artemis Strategic Bond Monthly (INC units) and generates monthly income which is classified as "interest" rather than dividend.

So, am I right in thinking this goes in "Other UK Income" under "Interest from gilt edge and other UK securities, deeply discounted securities and accrued income profits (Optional) ", or somewhere else?

Many thanks.

Tony Heath.
  • HMRC Admin 45
  • Joined: 10/08/2017 06:39:53
  • Messages: 269
  • Offline
  • View profile
  • Send message

Re:Interest on Unit Trusts

26/04/2019 11:17:54

Please enter the Unit Trust interest amount in the'UK interest' section of the SA return as per page 5 of the notes.

Please see the following link:

Tax Return Notes

Thanks for your question.

Would you be interested in helping us improve the Forum? We are looking for volunteers to spend some time speaking with our research team. If you think you could help us, please click the link below for more information and to register your interest:


We look forward to hearing from you.

Interest on Unit Trusts

26/04/2019 12:48:13
That's super, thank you very much :o)
Kind regards,
Tony Heath.