Transfer of beneficial ownership

29/04/2019 06:32:32
I have transferred beneficial ownership of a rented property, owned by me, to my spouse by trust deed as she is current a non tax payer. She will be the beneficial owner of all rental income and capital profits when the property is disposed of.
How can I notify HMRC of this change of income recipient so that I no longer get taxed on the rental income.

Re:Transfer of beneficial ownership

29/04/2019 12:44:58

You will need to submit an Income Tax Form 17 to HMRC to register the change in the split of your rental income with your spouse.

This form can be found here:

Declare beneficial interests in joint property and income

Thanks for your question.

Would you be interested in helping us improve the Forum? We are looking for volunteers to spend some time speaking with our research team. If you think you could help us, please click the link below for more information and to register your interest:


We look forward to hearing from you.