I received a letter from HMRC claiming that I had made late payments at some time and warning me of penalties that might occur if I didn't mend my ways.
1. No evidence was quoted such as dates and amounts
2. The letter had no return address or phone number to use for querying it (hence my post in this forum)
3. Our bank account shows all payments were scheduled and paid on the 8th, 9th or 10th of the following tax month
4. Our online tax account shows matching receipts
5. The letter was addressed to the charity's registered office even though you have my home address where I work from and my email which you usually communicate through (eg for tax codes etc)
So, why has this letter been sent (and where from?). I'd like to reply though it has already cost me time and worry when I could be doing something useful for the charity (unpaid of course) instead of checking accounts.