child benefit

09/05/2019 14:22:27
I am a single parent and self employed and earn less than 30k p.a. I claim child benefit for my child, do I need to include this as income in my tax return?

child benefit

10/05/2019 08:09:32
No. Only if your income is over £50K.

Re:child benefit

10/05/2019 08:12:38

You do not need to enter child benefit on your return unless you are a higher rate taxpayer and you are the higher earner in your house. .

Would you be interested in helping us improve the Forum? We are looking for volunteers to spend some time speaking with our research team. If you think you could help us, please click the link below for more information and to register your interest:
We look forward to hearing from you.