TV licence

10/05/2019 13:56:01
If I as landlord pay for the TV licence for my rented property, can I claim that as an expense against tax? I only need a licence when the property is occupied, so it is purely for the renters' benefit and there is no personal gain from this for me.

Re:TV licence

13/05/2019 07:16:47

Thank you for your question.

If your tenant pays you for the TV licence this should be included in the rental receipts and claimed as a deduction.

If your tenant does not make a contribution to this you should just claim it as a deduction.

More information can be found at: Property Income Manual 2076

TV licence

13/05/2019 08:23:16
Yes you can.