• Frances Nicholson
  • Joined: 22/01/2018 19:02:24
  • Messages: 2
  • Offline
  • View profile
  • Send message

employment expenses and 16/17 tax return

22/01/2018 19:25:22
I have a form Summary of Benefits Received - 2016/2017 from my employer, Its boxes are filled like this:
Letter E,
Benefit 12,
Description Mileage Allowance,
Gross -235.20,
Contribution 0.00,
Net loss -235.20,
Business Miles 14704,
Amount Paid £0.00,
Lump Sum £0.00,
Total Amount £5440.80.

I don't know what to put in the employment expenses section of my tax return. Can you help?

Re:employment expenses and 16/17 tax return

23/01/2018 10:25:13

If an individual has received a copy of the P11D from the Employer for SA Return completion then the information has to be entered on the Employment page under the heading “Benefits from your employment-use your form P11D or equivalent information.

Please refer to the SA102 notes which confirms what the letters stand for. Letter E refers to Box 12 of the Employment page for the excess mileage allowance. If the individual was paid a mileage allowance for using own car for work over the approved mileage rate them put in the figures in section E of the P11D in Box 12. Online the heading will be “Vouchers, credit cards and excess mileage allowance”

Please refer to the following link;