Industry specific help and support » recharging VAT » Go to message
My landlord damaged my business property resulting in me having to foot the bill for repairs. My Landlord eventually agreed to refund me the costs incurred. They asked me to send them an invoice for my costs. How do I account for the VAT? I have spoken to someone at HMRC and they said I can't charge VAT unless I have actually provided a service. So how do I recover the VAT from my landlord? Thanks.