Starting up » Just Starting Out » Go to message

I'm similar to a few people here. I am a stay at home mum who enjoys crafting and would like to take my craft a bit further by selling - primarily online and perhaps later (much later) to sell in craft stalls.

I am in the process of obtaining my National Insurance Number as I'm an American living here permanently with British husband. Firstly, I was asked to bring proof that I'm starting a business to my appointment, but I'm not sure what consitutes "proof". I need the National Insurance Number before I can apply otherwise. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, what licenses would I need to obtain. I'll only be selling cards and stationary online (Etsy does have option to sell internationally) and as I mentioned - craft fayres/stalls.

Just want to be sure I'm doing this right. Thank you for your help!