Starting up » Just Starting Out » Go to message
Hello there, If you are looking to setup with the assistance of an accountant, you will need to provide proof ID (Passport or UK Driving Licence), proof of residence and residential address details for the last three years. You will also have to provide details of name changes if any. National Insurance Number plus a few more details relating to you and your business would be needed if an accountant would be signing you as a client. You may apply to be self-employed via the HMRC website or seek a professional accountant's help. Selling the products you are intending to does not necessarily require a licence from a local authority although some online platforms would require you provide assurances that any copy rights or trade marks are not infringed. I hope this helps - Ash