Starting up » part time employed and self employed » Go to message
Hi sc0ttie

1) You will be able to claim for travelling expenses incurred under your self employed business through your 2018/19 tax return.

2) The personal allowance for next tax year (your first tax return year) is £11850. If you earn below this amount under PAYE (employee) and self employed profits combined you will not be due to pay tax. If your self employed profit is more than £6205 in 2018/19 you will need to pay class 2 national insurance contributions which will be £2.95 per week.

3) You do not need to submit evidence of your self employment with your tax return but will need to retain records in case of an audit